Cat Ba Island is well-known as one of the prominent tourist destinations in the south of Halong Bay,it is also known as the most beautiful and biggest island in Halong Bay, a UNESCO World Heritage site in 2004 that contains a hundred number of islands just around 30km from Hai Phong city and 25km from the center of Halong city.
Cat Ba Island
The Cat Ba langur is the largest tourist destination though it is seriously endangered with numbers now just around 100. There are others fauna as well including giant civets and squirrels.
Hanoi Free Tour Guides hope to show you why you should visit the island when you come to Vietnam.
How to get there?
The ‘’sea traffic’’ to Cat Ba is popular. There are tourist ships and boats constantly running between the mainland and the island. Some company actually organize their tours in Hanoi while this island regularly appears on Vietnamese tour packages. you will be there after 5 hours by road from Hanoi incidentally though the train is an alternative. Besides, You can also get there from a domestic airport at Hai Phong from which there are boats to the island.
When should you visit?
The most important thing you have to know is that there are really only two seasons in Cat Ba; summers are hot and this is also the time when the rain will fall down frequently. It will be windy and cold at times between October and March until summer approaches.
Boating in Cat Ba Island.
This depends on your personal choice on Vietnam travel packages as to when to pass through this area, but we recommend you visit Cat Ba island in summer because this is the best time here In winter, sometimes the average temperature can only be 15C with lows of 3C. In the summer will be higher because Vietnam is tropical monsoon climate so temperatures can reach the mid 34Cs with the average about 25C.
Things to see and do in Cat Ba Island.
- The National Park is one of the best places for walking because there is no dangerous fauna. you can go deeply into a natural life, Breath in fresh air and relax with its Inartificial beauty
- Vietnam has long and great beaches and at the southwest of the island you can find one that can help you unwind with White sand and sunshine
- If you love Monkeys and would like to see them jumping around trees, you have to visit Monkey Island has long-tailed macaques which were in fact imported onto the island as a tourist attraction.
- Cycling: Cat Ba national park and Viet Hai fishing village are places for people who love cycling can see the fisherman’s daily life and the jungles.
- Overnight cruise: if you love to enjoy night time in Cat Ba island, There are some wooden boat cruises in Cat Ba offering overnight stay on the boat for 1-3 nights. This boat is private, they are not as luxury as the ones in Halong bay, but it can give you comfortable enough. The best thing is you will not see many travelers as you here.
Hotels in Cat Ba
There are so many hotels in Cat Ba, most of them are not really luxury but there is plenty of accommodation that is comfortable and clean, some including restaurants and bar. Backpackers can find easily cheap hostels while those on Vietnam private tours will have everything arranged for you.
Our recommended hotels in Cat Ba:
- Money island resort
- Cat Ba sandy beach resort
- Cat Ba island resort
- Cat Ba sunrise resort
Hanoi Free Tours By Foot holes you will have a nice time in Cat Ba Island, please share this post if you feel it helpful.